meet a pro bono partner
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I was offered an opportunity to work on my client's case at my last firm, without knowing much about the asylum process. When my group left that firm, my co-counsel and I made sure that our client knew that we wanted to continue working on her case. Now, I feel so fortunate that I was given such an amazing and meaningful opportunity to help my client flee violence in her country and hopefully find a path to remain in the US for her and, in the future, her children.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: Unfortunately my client's asylum claim, like many other asylum claims, has suffered significant delays throughout the process. But, my client's strength, resolve and perseverance is a great source of inspiration to me and drives me to be a better, more conscientious person and advocate.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Working with Tahirih and my client has given me the ability to see the intersection of the law and individual lives--something my primary practice does not often afford me. It has given me perspective on the significance, impact and need for regulatory and statutory changes, because I can see the effects at the human level. It has also given me an up-close view of how women are treated in other places in the world and the indifference and neglect that many women face when they turn to their government for protection.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
PartnerKirkland & Ellis LLPWe are honored to have the opportunity to work with so many of Tahirih's well-deserving clients.
CounselCrowell & Moring LLPThere's nothing like the feeling of knowing you are helping someone who truly needs a hand.
AssociateBuckley Sandler LLPThe inspiration I have gained from the courage, resilience, and optimism of our clients is but one of the many rewards of pro bono work.