meet a pro bono partner
Meghan Leibold Lidster
Richards Kibbee & Orbe
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih's Pro Bono Network?
- A: I wanted to use my skills and resources to interact with and advocate for women who have been through circumstances that I can hardly imagine.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: It has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me and tell me about the worst details of her life in excruciating detail. I treasure that trust and it is an honor to work with her to help her realize her dreams of a better life.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Working with Tahirih has given me perspective on the immigration system as it relates to actual individuals and the need for reform. It has also given me perspective regarding violence against women around the world and the need for advocacy on their behalf.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Lindsay Wright BrettAssociate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Alicia Balthazar, Deborah Wei, Maria A. Arboleda, & Marta ThompsonHogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.
Rebekah SillsLitigation AssociateKirkland & Ellis LLPI am a better lawyer, a better citizen, and a better person because of my work with Tahirih.