meet a pro bono partner
Lindsay Wright Brett
Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: The women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases. They have gone through so much and are so brave.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: Some of the best results have taken a lot of time, and building a relationship with your client over a period of several years creates a true relationship of trust and friendship. For example, we filed an asylum application for a very deserving client in 2014, but she had to wait for her asylum interview until 2018. We were so thrilled when she was granted asylum this year, and it was a privilege to help prepare her for her interview and to be there when she received her decision!
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: It is amazing and empowering to see people's lives change as the result of pro bono efforts.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Meghan Leibold LidsterStaff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Alicia Balthazar, Deborah Wei, Maria A. Arboleda, & Marta ThompsonHogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.
Rebekah SillsLitigation AssociateKirkland & Ellis LLPI am a better lawyer, a better citizen, and a better person because of my work with Tahirih.