meet a pro bono partner
Lindsay Wright Brett
Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: The women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases. They have gone through so much and are so brave.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: Some of the best results have taken a lot of time, and building a relationship with your client over a period of several years creates a true relationship of trust and friendship. For example, we filed an asylum application for a very deserving client in 2014, but she had to wait for her asylum interview until 2018. We were so thrilled when she was granted asylum this year, and it was a privilege to help prepare her for her interview and to be there when she received her decision!
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: It is amazing and empowering to see people's lives change as the result of pro bono efforts.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.
Litigation AssociateKirkland & Ellis LLPI am a better lawyer, a better citizen, and a better person because of my work with Tahirih.