meet a pro bono partner
Sarah E. Hager
Buckley Sandler LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih's Pro Bono Network?
- A: Having been aware of the history of the organization, founded as a result of the seminal work to provide protections for those fleeing female genital mutilation, and the strong reputation subsequently developed providing resources for women in need of immigration protections, it was an easy choice to align with and support Tahirih’s work.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: I will never forget walking out of the Immigration Officer’s office and into the lobby of USCIS, my client and I both trying to maintain our professionalism only to fall on each other in joy the second the door closed to celebrate the news she could begin her path to citizenship. Our long journey together had ended, but her new life had begun, and it was an immeasurable pleasure to have been a part of the process and witness the outcome.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Through my work with Tahirih, I’ve met and developed relationships with brave women facing tremendous odds who stand strong and move forward with their lives with their heads unbowed. Engaging with Tahirih has taught me what bravery looks like.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Litigation AssociateKirkland & Ellis LLPI am a better lawyer, a better citizen, and a better person because of my work with Tahirih.
AttorneyBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLPTaking a Tahirih case makes me proud to be a lawyer and humbled that another person would allow me to help them in such a personal way.
AssociateBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLPMy client’s strength, resolve, and perseverance is a source of inspiration to me and drives me to be a more conscientious person.