meet a pro bono partner
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: Being an ardent supporter of women’s equality and emancipation, I joined Tahirih's Pro Bono Network to be a part of team doing meaningful work in protecting courageous immigrant women who refuse to be victims of violence and creating a world where all women and girls enjoy equality and live in safety and with dignity.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: My experience with a young girl from Pakistan has stuck with me. I cannot forget the smile on her face and the tears of joy in her eyes upon approval of her waiver of joint filing to remove conditions on her green card. Her traumatic marriage and fear of deportation made her a victim of increased anxiety, depression, and disassociation. With her U.S. permanent residency, she hopes to have a brighter future.
- Q: How has your pro pono service impacted you?
- A: My pro bono service with Tahirih not only gave me a great sense of achievement in making a significant impact in immigrant women's lives, but it also helped me gain experience, confidence, connections, and visibility both inside and outside my law firm.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.