meet a pro bono partner
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I have wanted to join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network ever since I was practicing law in New York. I was so pleased to learn that Kirkland's Houston office had a relationship with Tahirih. I took the first case that I could. Ending gender-based violence is something I have been passionate about since college, and I am grateful to follow that passion in my legal career.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: The highlight of these cases is the client interaction. There's nothing quite like being on the receiving end of a client's gratitude for your assistance.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Listening to my client's story and helping her tell it has made me a more compassionate human being. No one should be subjected to the suffering that she and her children have endured. I am a better lawyer, a better citizen, and a better person because of my work with Tahirih and I am so grateful for the opportunity to help.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Meghan Leibold LidsterStaff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Lindsay Wright BrettAssociate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Alicia Balthazar, Deborah Wei, Maria A. Arboleda, & Marta ThompsonHogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.