meet a pro bono partner
Michelle J. Moodispaw & Toni A. Machowsky
Law Office of Michelle J. Moodispaw
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih's Pro Bono Network?
- A: Our firm focuses on providing legal services for low-income families who can't afford an attorney. We looked to Tahirih Justice Center for their superior mentoring on asylum and U visa cases.
- Q: Can you share a highlight from a memorable case?
- A: One year after she had been granted asylum, our client came into the office with a huge smile on her face and a renewed sense of confidence. She was about to file her application for permanent residency, and she said she had never been happier.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: With strong mentoring, Tahirih Justice Center guided us through the complicated and lengthy asylum process. We are so thankful that they us helped prepare to take on future cases for immigrant women and children.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.