meet a pro bono partner
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I wanted to do legal work for clients whose day-to-day life would be impacted by that work. I was attracted to Tahirih in particular because it provides services to a population of women and children that are especially vulnerable.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: My favorite part of a recent U visa case we worked on through Tahirih was our client. Watching her become more and more empowered as the case progressed was very rewarding. It made me realize that while we were there to provide legal representation, sometimes just listening to our client and treating her with respect was just as valuable.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: I think pro bono work gives attorneys a better ability to empathize and a better understanding of people's everyday struggles. Pro bono work has also given me the opportunity to gain legal experience outside the scope of my regular practice, Intellectual Property law. Pro bono work with Tahirih has been interesting and challenging.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.