meet a pro bono partner
Marcela Aguilera Fierro
French Teacher and Translator
- Q: Why did you volunteer your services to Tahirih?
- A: I had to leave my home country and move to the United States under the most painful circumstances. I lived for nine years in Texas under severe difficulty, and I know what being a foreigner in a hostile situation can be like. During this difficult time in my life, I had a family in the Bahá’í community that helped me to survive. Now, I'm committed to helping others in similar situations.
- Q: How has your service impacted you?
- A: It is such an inspiration to see what Tahirih justice Center is able to accomplish. I wish there were more organizations like this in México and all over the world. It is moving to see how so many women and children are overcoming the most unimaginable situations and how helping each other makes such a big difference.
- Q: What is one thing you would like to share with other Tahirih volunteers and supporters?
- A: There is a group of colleagues in the Tahirih family who share the same interests as you and will help you fit in with the organization. It is such an honor and a privilege to be part of the Tahirih Justice Center team. To all of the heroic women out there, "Tahirih does hear you when you cry." Ineffable thanks to Mrs. Miller-Muro and Fauziya.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.