meet a pro bono partner
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I have always been passionate about immigration issues, but have never been actively involved in them. I was offered the opportunity to co-counsel a Tahirih case and gladly took the opportunity to help my client flee violence in her country and find a path to safety in the United States.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: My client’s strength, resolve, and perseverance is a great source of inspiration to me and drives me to be a better, more conscientious person and advocate.
- Q: How has your Pro Bono service impacted you?
- A: Working with Tahirih and my client has given me the ability to see the intersection of the law and individual lives - something my primary practice does not often afford me. It has given me perspective on the significance, impact, and need for regulatory and statutory changes, because I can see the effects at the human level. It has also given me an up-close view of how women are treated in other parts of the world and the indifference and neglect that many women face when they turn to their government for protection.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Meghan Leibold LidsterStaff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Lindsay Wright BrettAssociate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Alicia Balthazar, Deborah Wei, Maria A. Arboleda, & Marta ThompsonHogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.