meet a pro bono partner
Kimberly Gordy and Shima Jalalipour
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih's Pro Bono Network?
- A: We joined Tahirih's Pro Bono Network because we wanted to use our legal skills and experience to help empower female survivors of abuse.
- Q: Share a highlight from a memorable case.
- A: We've worked with our client for nearly nine months. In that time, we've watched her transform from someone with little hope into a woman actively rebuilding her life. We feel privileged to play a role in this process and to celebrate victories with her, including our most recent — securing an offer of "Continued Presence" from the FBI and State Department. In doing so, we were also able to coordinate specialized medical care for our client to ensure that her post-trafficking health needs are met.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Knowing that our time and efforts have made a tangible difference in our client's life is incredible. When she referred to us as her family, the importance of our and Tahirih's work hit home. Taking on a Tahirih case is a tremendous responsibility, but one that is well worth it.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.