meet a pro bono partner
King & Spalding LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih's Pro Bono Network?
- A: I joined because I find Tahirih’s mission—to protect and assist women and children escaping violence—incredibly important and inspiring. I was also eager for the opportunity to assist clients from other countries begin a safe and secure existence in the United States.
- Q: Can you share a highlight from a memorable case?
- A: The highlight of my experience was calling my asylum client to inform her that her application for asylum had been granted. We had a long struggle together because her first application was denied. We were both overjoyed (and very emotional!) when we learned that her second application was granted. I cannot wait to see what she does with her life in the United States.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: My service has made me even more aware of the difficulties that asylum seekers face in our immigration system. My client endured an incredible amount of emotional and financial stress in her fight for asylum, a testament to her own mental strength and determination.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Meghan Leibold LidsterStaff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Lindsay Wright BrettAssociate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Alicia Balthazar, Deborah Wei, Maria A. Arboleda, & Marta ThompsonHogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.