meet a pro bono partner
Blake & Wilson Immigration Law
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih's Pro Bono Network?
- A: I wanted to help immigrant women and girls gain legal status in the United States and take on new types of cases where I could learn from the experienced Tahirih staff.
- Q: Can you share a highlight from a memorable case?
- A: A highlight was calling my client to tell her that her and her daughters' residency applications had been approved. After surviving domestic violence and going through a difficult immigration legal process for almost two years, she was so happy to finally hear good news! I could tell that it would be a turning point in her family's life, and that their future would be better.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: I learned how to effectively present Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) cases. I will remember this experience and hope to help more women through the process in the future.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.