meet a pro bono partner
Sidley Austin LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: Working with Tahirih was my first exposure to immigration work. As an immigrant myself, I wanted to have the opportunity to assist other women seeking lawful entry into the United States. Tahirih’s mission to assist women persecuted abroad is a particularly powerful message that I hold close to my heart.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: I have been lucky enough to represent a woman who has dedicated her life to ensuring that other women are given access to education. Because of her commitment to this cause, she has been persecuted in her home country. Despite these threats, she has refused to back down, even upon arrival in the United States. Working with such a passionate woman has been an inspiration and a wonderful reminder of the strength of conviction that so many women in this world have.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: While I have worked on a number of different pro bono projects throughout my career, working with my client at Tahirih has been the most rewarding by far. Being able to assist such a deserving young woman who has done nothing but remain true to her beliefs is fulfilling in a way that many projects are not. Seeing the direct impact that my work has had on her life has been rewarding, and watching her thrive in the United States has made each aspect of the project worthwhile.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Litigation AssociateKirkland & Ellis LLPI am a better lawyer, a better citizen, and a better person because of my work with Tahirih.
AttorneyBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLPTaking a Tahirih case makes me proud to be a lawyer and humbled that another person would allow me to help them in such a personal way.
AssociateBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLPMy client’s strength, resolve, and perseverance is a source of inspiration to me and drives me to be a more conscientious person.