meet a pro bono partner
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: One of the partners at a previous firm did work for Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network, and he inspired associates to take on pro bono cases in the immigration field. His mentorship is the reason why I agreed to take on a case.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: The greatest highlight from working on an immigration case with Tahirih is meeting the women involved. My client faced adversity from a young age in a country where women are subjected to violence daily. Her courage, loving heart, and strength of spirit still astound me. The Tahirih lawyers and staff guided us through the process to a great outcome.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: In my day-to-day legal job, I deal with financial issues outside of the courtroom. Taking a pro bono case has allowed me to expand my practice into an area with real impact on people’s lives. It makes me proud to be a lawyer and humbled that another person would allow me to help them in such a personal way.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.