meet a pro bono partner
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: One of the partners at a previous firm did work for Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network, and he inspired associates to take on pro bono cases in the immigration field. His mentorship is the reason why I agreed to take on a case.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: The greatest highlight from working on an immigration case with Tahirih is meeting the women involved. My client faced adversity from a young age in a country where women are subjected to violence daily. Her courage, loving heart, and strength of spirit still astound me. The Tahirih lawyers and staff guided us through the process to a great outcome.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: In my day-to-day legal job, I deal with financial issues outside of the courtroom. Taking a pro bono case has allowed me to expand my practice into an area with real impact on people’s lives. It makes me proud to be a lawyer and humbled that another person would allow me to help them in such a personal way.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Meghan Leibold LidsterStaff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Lindsay Wright BrettAssociate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Alicia Balthazar, Deborah Wei, Maria A. Arboleda, & Marta ThompsonHogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.