meet a pro bono partner
Marathon Oil Company
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I first got involved with Tahirih because I wanted to give back to the community in a way that would truly impact someone’s life, and Tahirih’s mission is such an important and rewarding one. I could not think of a better way to use my legal skills than to actually help save someone’s life.
- Q: Can you share a highlight from a memorable case?
- A: The most rewarding moment in my legal career so far was seeing our client reunite with her teenage daughter whom she had not seen in seven years. It was amazing to see the bond between a mother and daughter that had lasted such a long separation, and I was so glad that I could be at the airport to witness it.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Providing pro bono service helps to remind me that there are so many people in the world that need someone to stand up for them and fight for their rights, which inspires me to do my part to help where I can. It also reminds me how fortunate I am and helps me to remember that I should not take for granted the little things, like the ability to go home from a long day at work – where I am paid for my time – and give my daughter a hug, because there are many people, like my client, who do not have that luxury.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.