meet a pro bono partner
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I was given the opportunity to join through the on-going pro bono relationship Tahirih has with Kirkland & Ellis.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: I met with my client to discuss her case, and she told me about the domestic abuse she had endured from her previous partner. It was hard for her to recall all of the horrible events, and I tried to encourage her throughout the process. She worked very hard to provide for her children even in an abusive situation. I was amazed at how resilient she was after going through such hardship, and I was humbled that I was given the opportunity to help her.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Listening to the testimonies of my Tahirih client and her tales of domestic violence has really given me meaning as an attorney. Nothing is as fulfilling as helping someone in need. My pro bono work has put everything that I do in perspective.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Litigation AssociateKirkland & Ellis LLPI am a better lawyer, a better citizen, and a better person because of my work with Tahirih.
AttorneyBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLPTaking a Tahirih case makes me proud to be a lawyer and humbled that another person would allow me to help them in such a personal way.
AssociateBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLPMy client’s strength, resolve, and perseverance is a source of inspiration to me and drives me to be a more conscientious person.