meet a pro bono partner
Donnelly-Ashby & Nguyen PLLC
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I joined Tahirih Justice Center because I was so impressed by Layli's story. I was inspired by both her courage as a young woman to persevere against all odds with her case and her commitment to continue helping when she started Tahirih with the money she received from publishing “Do They Hear you When You Cry.” Layli is also as sharp as a tack, and it is a honor to be a part of her world and contribute to her organization.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: As soon as my client discovered that her VAWA self-petition was approved, she immediately began studying English and insisted that I speak to her in English rather than Spanish. I was so impressed with her tenacity. She found a job taking care of children with disabilities.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: All my life I have helped people, and I will continue to help those who need assistance. There is no better feeling in the world than when you help someone who may be less fortunate, but who is eager to succeed. To see the look on their faces is so rewarding and makes life worth while.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.