meet a pro bono partner
Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: My father and his family immigrated to the United States after spending years as refugees of World War II. I know that there were many people that helped them along the way and made their lives here possible. Tahirih has given me the chance to help other families, women, and children escaping persecution and violence in the same way.
- Q: Can you share a highlight from a memorable case?
- A: The highlight of my pro bono case was when my client’s daughter, after receiving her derivative T visa, was able to fly to the United States and reunite with my client after seven years of separation. It was a moment of great joy. The culmination of years of work, courage, and perseverance on the part of my client and the many, many others that supported her.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: The practice of law so often cloisters us within the confines of our minds. Pro bono service gave me the chance to practice from the heart.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.