meet a pro bono partner
Arnold & Porter LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I had heard great things about Tahirih from my colleagues -- that it is very organized, professional, and guides the pro bono attorneys throughout the case for successful representation of clients. That proved to be true, to say the least. I've really enjoyed working with Tahirih and feel privileged to be part of the Pro Bono Network.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: We recently helped a client and her children obtain T Visa status. Despite the inexplicable trafficking experience and separation with kids she had to go through, our client kept her gracefulness and integrity, as well as her ceaseless love for her children. Our team learned so much from her as a woman with a beautiful soul and a mother with inner strength and persistence. She's been a true inspiration to all of us.
- Q: How has your Pro Bono service impacted you?
- A: Our client didn't let the traffickers and the trauma she went through destroy who she is inside -- that is simply mindboggling to me. She didn't lose her identity as a caring mother, as a person with humor and good nature, and her strong will to get back up and rebuild her life. I am so glad our team was able to help her obtain legal status in the U.S. and start a new life with her family in a safer environment.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
ProfessorUniversity of Maryland Carey School of LawMy students benefit tremendously from the experience of working with Tahirih’s clients.
CounselHaynes and Boone, LLPBeing with my client when she learned that her request for asylum was approved has been the highlight of my pro bono service so far.
Senior AssociateHogan Lovells LLPMy experience with Tahirih has made me a better advocate. But more importantly, it has made me a better person.