meet a pro bono partner
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I was given the opportunity to join through the on-going pro bono relationship Tahirih has with Kirkland & Ellis.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: I met with my client to discuss her case, and she told me about the domestic abuse she had endured from her previous partner. It was hard for her to recall all of the horrible events, and I tried to encourage her throughout the process. She worked very hard to provide for her children even in an abusive situation. I was amazed at how resilient she was after going through such hardship, and I was humbled that I was given the opportunity to help her.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: Listening to the testimonies of my Tahirih client and her tales of domestic violence has really given me meaning as an attorney. Nothing is as fulfilling as helping someone in need. My pro bono work has put everything that I do in perspective.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
PartnerStinson Leonard Street LLPMy case has given me a new understanding of the challenges facing women and children navigating the immigration system.
AssociateCovington & Burling LLPIt is humbling to work with clients who reflect hope and optimism in the face of hardship, and an honor to help them reach a better place.
Litigation AssociateVinson & Elkins LLPMy pro bono work has opened my eyes to the dire need for attorneys to assist in immigration proceedings.