It’s here — the new and improved www.tahirih.org!
We are thrilled to introduce you to our vibrant and modern home.
Its appearance now reflects the strong spirit of the heroic women and girls whom Tahirih Justice Center is honored to serve. There is more information on our website than ever before, and it’s much easier to find — for new visitors, returning visitors, and women and girls in danger who need our help.
Here are five features we think you’ll particularly love:
#1: SUCCESS STORIES
Our courageous clients inspire us every day! They’re transforming the world — one individual, one family, and one community at a time. We hope their voices, their success stories, and their fight to end violence against women and girls will inspire you, too.
Learn about our distinct services and lifesaving work in Baltimore, Greater DC, and Houston. Each of our offices now has a space of its own. Explore “Locations” to learn about local news, events, jobs, and staff.
#3: GET INVOLVED
Our work is not possible without you. Our new site is packed with ways for you to get involved with Tahirih in the creation of a world where all women and girls enjoy equality and live in safety and with dignity. Explore “Get Involved” to:
- Take action on a policy issue.
- Spread the word on social media. You’ve got to see our one-stop social media wall!
- Host a fundraising event.
- Join our Pro Bono Network for attorneys, medical professionals, and other field experts. Pro bono can be truly life-changing. Our partners tell you why in our “Meet a Partner” section. Now, it’s easier than ever to take on a pro bono case with our comprehensive Pro Bono E-Library, which is accessible 24-7 to pro bono attorneys with active cases.
Children in a Texas detention center. Eric Gay/Associated Press
Stay informed about issues that impact the equality, safety, and dignity of immigrant women and girls with our “News” section. It now includes a Publications Library where you can find our latest reports on issues, impact, and finances. In a hurry? Use content filters to quickly find what you need. For example, if you are:
- Interested in the media’s take on the issues, filter by “Tahirih in the News.”
- Interested in what our policy team has been up to on the Hill? Check out “Policy News.”
- Trying to find information on a particular topic, such as unjust detention practices or the hidden problem of forced marriage in the United States, filter your search by topic.
- Looking for a bird’s eye view of our history and impact, check out our interactive timeline.
#5: GET HELP
From anywhere within the site, click on the red “Get Help” button in the top right corner. You will find contact information by office location in English, French, and Spanish. Read our FAQs if you need to know to more about eligibility and parameters for our free legal and social services.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
This important home improvement project would not have been possible without the generous financial support of our Board of Directors and the expert guidance of Serendipity Creative. We are also especially grateful for the Moriah Fund, Hearst Foundations, Foundation for a Just Society, and many other partners who made our new website possible.
Now that you’ve had a little time to look around, tell us what you think! Your feedback is so important to us as we continually improve our digital home. Please take a few minutes to complete our short Web survey. Thank you!
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK