Today, immigrant women and girls fleeing violence are facing incredible obstacles to justice, and many are living in fear. Now more than ever, we need to wear our hearts on our sleeves and show how deeply we believe in the right of every woman and girl to live in safety and with dignity.
The Tahirih Justice Center’s Bighearted Campaign raises critical funds to provide life-saving legal and social services to courageous women and girls seeking justice in the wake of violence. Across the nation, Tahirih supporters will join forces for a three-week fundraising challenge, starting Monday, November 27, with the goal of raising $200,000!
The call to action is needed now more than ever! Currently, we are able to serve only 1 in every 10 women who reach out after escaping gender-based violence such as rape, forced marriage, domestic violence, female genital mutilation/cutting, and more.
Tahirih relies on pro bono support to help us transform the lives of women and girls. We need your help and we encourage you to have fun while doing so!
Want to get involved? Check out our fundraising page!
“Pulling our big hearts together, we can help women and girls in their battle to live in safety and with dignity.”
If you’d like your firm or company to be part of the campaign, please contact:
- Baltimore: Kristen Strain, Baltimore Executive Director, email@example.com
- Greater DC: Barfonce Baldwin, Greater DC Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houston: Christine Spencer, Houston Development Manager, email@example.com
- San Francisco Bay Area: Theresa Samuel-Boko, San Francisco Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Locations: Carey Eisenberg, Major Gifts Officer, email@example.com