UPDATE: Our six-city Heartbeats tour has concluded, but its true reach has always been defined by YOU. Please read more about the tour below, and get involved today in the movement to end forced marriage in the United States.
- Epic Tour Resonates with Audiences Across America
- How I Honor My Heartbeat: Tahirih Director Talks About Personal Impact of Tour in Huffington Post
- Drive to Double the Impact of Petition to End Forced Marriage in America Begins in February
- Petition to End Forced Marriage with 100,000+ Signatures Delivered to White House
- Get the latest news on forced marriage at www.preventforcedmarriage.org.
Healing from violence. Celebrating resiliency.
Houston — Oct. 16-17, 2014
San Francisco — Nov. 5-7, 2014
New Brunswick — Dec. 3-4, 2014
Chicago — Jan. 21-23, 2015
Washington, DC — March 17-19, 2015
Features a play by the “Heartbeats” comic book authors, “When We Leave,” that explores the complex dynamics of family and culture and a film about forced marriage, “Caged.” Following the performance, there will be a Q&A session and a reception where free copies of the comic book “Heartbeats” will be available. The event is free and open to public.
Equips service providers with the tools they need to identify and respond to individuals facing or fleeing forced marriage in the United States. Sessions will be led by Heartbeats authors and staff from Tahirih and the Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic.
Invites policy makers, philanthropists, foundation officers, legal community partners, and allies to become more informed about the issue of forced marriage in the United States and our efforts to build a coordinated, national response to this pressing human rights violation.
Featured art by Somya Singh and Selena Wong. Video by RED Interactive.