Jaya Franklin joined Tahirih in 2020. As Communications Manager, Jaya is responsible for engaging, cultivating, and growing the audiences for the Tahirih Justice Center, by developing content related to the center’s programs, initiatives, projects, and events. Prior to joining Tahirih, Jaya served as a Marketing Communications Manager with a national non-profit organization and as an Associate Director of Communications with Georgia State University College of Law.
I am inspired by Tahirih’s mission to protect immigrant women and girls fleeing violence because Tahirih provides essential services that are critical to survival and progression. Tahirih’s holistic approach not only helps those who are currently suffering, but it will change the narrative for the next generation of women and girls.
Clark Atlanta University, BA
Awards and Recognition
- Co-Founder of Visionary Artistry Magazine
- Trustee, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Georgia Chapter
- Local Organizer, Online News Association, Atlanta Chapter
- Programming Co-Chair, National Association of Black Journalists (Region III)
- Former Vice President of Digital Media, Atlanta Association of Black Journalists (AABJ)
- Former Deputy Director of the Southeast, National Association of Black Journalists (Region III)