meet a pro bono partner
Rachel Faye Rosenfeld
Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono network?
- A: I joined Tahirih’s Pro Bono network to address the legal needs of a vulnerable group of human beings who cannot afford access to legal services and have nowhere else to turn. I believe that as a lawyer, I have a duty of professional responsibility and ethical responsibility to use my skills and knowledge to provide competent legal assistance to those unable to afford representation, and I am fortunate to be able to do so. Immigrants face particularly high stakes and the legal system is a daunting place for an immigrant appearing pro se.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: The highlight of my pro bono work with Tahirih is the meaningful connection I have with my pro bono client. She is a strong, confident, and competent woman and mother, always diligently working and contributing to the progress of her petition alongside our team of lawyers. Her commitment and perseverance is inspiring. Getting to know her, empowering her, and giving her hope through filing her application has been immensely rewarding.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: There is a slogan on the Berlin Wall that says “Many small people in many small places who do many small things can alter the face of the world.” Pro bono service is a reminder of this – you can make a positive difference in a life just by doing your job as a lawyer, and the ability to do so drives me to prioritize engaging in my own pro bono work and to support and promote the pro bono work of others.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.