meet a pro bono partner
Arnold & Porter LLP
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I had heard great things about Tahirih from my colleagues -- that it is very organized, professional, and guides the pro bono attorneys throughout the case for successful representation of clients. That proved to be true, to say the least. I've really enjoyed working with Tahirih and feel privileged to be part of the Pro Bono Network.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: We recently helped a client and her children obtain T Visa status. Despite the inexplicable trafficking experience and separation with kids she had to go through, our client kept her gracefulness and integrity, as well as her ceaseless love for her children. Our team learned so much from her as a woman with a beautiful soul and a mother with inner strength and persistence. She's been a true inspiration to all of us.
- Q: How has your Pro Bono service impacted you?
- A: Our client didn't let the traffickers and the trauma she went through destroy who she is inside -- that is simply mindboggling to me. She didn't lose her identity as a caring mother, as a person with humor and good nature, and her strong will to get back up and rebuild her life. I am so glad our team was able to help her obtain legal status in the U.S. and start a new life with her family in a safer environment.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
Staff AttorneyRichards Kibbee & OrbeIt has been humbling to work with a client who, despite extreme hardship in her past, has been able to increasingly open up to me.
Associate AttorneyBaker & McKenzie LLPThe women and children I've worked with over the years inspire me to take on new cases.
Hogan Lovells US LLPRealizing the impact of the case’s outcome not just for our client but for her son, shows how these cases can be completely life changing for a family’s future.