Date(s) - March 1, 2016
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Jewish Community Center of Baltimore
Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence presents “Voices of Multiple Faiths, Forced Marriage, and Domestic Violence” as part of its “Culturally-Specific Service Provider Round Table.” This free training session brings together representatives who will discuss how to improve services for domestic violence survivors of many faiths.
Participants will learn ways in which each faith can assist survivors in emotional support, resources, and referrals. Attendees will also learn of ways in which abusers use each faith to further control their victims into staying in abusive relationships.
This March 1 round table will feature the following topics and speakers:
- Forced Marriage – Casey Swegman, Tahirih Justice Center’s Forced Marriage Initiative
- Serving Jewish Survivors – Shmuel Fischler, CHANA
- Serving Muslim Survivors – Aisha Rahman, Executive Director, KARAMAH: Muslim Women Lawyers for Human Rights
- Serving Catholic Survivors – Laura Yeoman, Catholic Charities
- Serving Protestant Christian Survivors – Danielle Branche, House of Ruth Maryland