meet a pro bono partner
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I have always been drawn to pro bono work and in fact started a free legal clinic in DC that is now called Bread for the City. However, when I attended a presentation by representatives of Tahirih I was drawn to the unique plight of the women served by the organization.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: My colleague and I were asked to represent a chinese woman who was recently abandoned by her husband and left destitude here in the US. Our client had given up a prestigious position as an art teacher in China and moved to the US to get married, but was left penniless after suffering a period of abuse by her then husband.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: It is a wonderful experience to use your legal skills to bring joy back into the life of your client. Although my client is very grateful, she does not fully appreciate how much satisfaction I experience seeing her thrive here in the US.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
AttorneyBuckley Sandler LLPThrough my work with Tahirih, I’ve met and developed relationships with brave women facing tremendous odds who stand strong.
AttorneyLatham & Watkins LLPMy pro bono service has been extremely rewarding, and it is particularly fulfilling to see my hard work actually make a significant difference in the lives of my clients.
AssociateBaker McKenzieMy pro bono service has inspired me to more vocally advocate for disadvantaged immigrants who have demonstrated so much strength.