meet a pro bono partner
- Q: Why did you join Tahirih’s Pro Bono Network?
- A: I have always been drawn to pro bono work and in fact started a free legal clinic in DC that is now called Bread for the City. However, when I attended a presentation by representatives of Tahirih I was drawn to the unique plight of the women served by the organization.
- Q: Share a highlight from a pro bono case with Tahirih.
- A: My colleague and I were asked to represent a chinese woman who was recently abandoned by her husband and left destitude here in the US. Our client had given up a prestigious position as an art teacher in China and moved to the US to get married, but was left penniless after suffering a period of abuse by her then husband.
- Q: How has your pro bono service impacted you?
- A: It is a wonderful experience to use your legal skills to bring joy back into the life of your client. Although my client is very grateful, she does not fully appreciate how much satisfaction I experience seeing her thrive here in the US.
Do Something!Please join us as a pro bono partner or volunteer today! Your time and talents can truly make a difference.
meet more pro bono partners
AssociateChadbourne & Parke LLPGetting to know my client, empowering her, and giving her hope through filing her application has been immensely rewarding.
AssociateVenable LLPTo know that we helped our client achieve an outcome that she might not have been able to get without the assistance of counsel is incredibly rewarding.
AttorneyRoyston, Rayzor, Vickery & Williams LLPIt is a privilege to help women fleeing violence at the asylum workshops organized and run by Tahirih and its collaborators.