Website Tahirih Justice Center
Tahirih is seeking a full-time volunteer attorney to serve in our Baltimore office. Tahirih does not provide compensation or any benefits for this position. The attorney will conduct intake interviews with prospective clients and assist in providing representation in immigration matters for existing clients. Applicants with immigration law experience and fluency in Spanish are strongly preferred. Candidates must be willing to make a minimum 6-month commitment, although both full-time and part time applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Responding to service seekers and conducting intake interviews
- Assisting in providing legal representation in immigration matters before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and immigration courts
- Attending coalition meetings and network with like-minded organizations
- Law degree (bar admission or pending bar admission)
- Fluency or a high level of proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Immigration law or other relevant experience
- Experience working with female survivors of trauma and those from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage stress in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely responsible, self-motivated, and focused
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to Baltimore@tahirih.org with “Volunteer Immigration Attorney” in the subject line. Please note: Candidates applying must have work authorization in the United States.
Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, local, state or federal law, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org