Website Tahirih Justice Center
The Tahirih Justice Center seeks a Technology Systems Strategy Manager to lead and maximize the effectiveness of initiatives to help Tahirih operate efficiently as a national organization. This position is able to be based in either our Falls Church, VA or San Bruno, CA office. The primary objective of the Technology Systems Strategy Manager is to lead and maximize the effectiveness of technology systems that enable Tahirih to operate efficiently as a national organization. Those systems include program data management, financial systems, CRM systems, and IT software and equipment. While each business unit owns the business needs and integrity of data inputs into the systems, this individual is responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the business needs through systems configuration changes, problem solving, and project management of necessary upgrades, major reconfigurations, and redesigns, etc. This individual will plan, implement, oversee, complete and continually assess technology projects throughout the organization; and perform related duties as assigned. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Technology Systems Strategy Manager works closely with Tahirih’s National Support Team and Management Team.
The Tahirih Justice Center is a growing national non-profit that supports courageous immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services, community outreach and education and nonpartisan public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls seeking protection from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, honor crimes, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá’í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih’s 70 employees work from offices in the DC metro area, Baltimore, Houston, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Understands the overall strategic direction of Tahirih departments and offices and identifies technology initiatives designed to obtain the organization’s strategic goals
- Helps the Management Team anticipate business needs by collecting, analyzing, documenting and communicating business needs and technology requirements
- Performs risk assessments, requirements planning and management, and develops business requirements documents
- Identifies appropriate IT products and services
- Advises management on the risks and benefits of using technology to improve business performance
- Manages multiple information technology (IT) projects from original concept through implementation; defines project scope and objectives; develops work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Performs contract research and negotiates vendor contracts, product selection and pricing
- Maintains project budgets and monitors project issues
- Works with managers to obtain and schedule project resources
- Partners with lead business and vendor staff to implement technology solution that meets business need; directs the analysis and resolution of problems
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks; tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis; provides technical and analytical guidance to the project teams; assigns work to technical project staff when necessary and measures progress
- Participates in the creation of processes, policies and procedures
- Partners with lead business and vendor staff to deliver effective training to end users
- Maintain on-going responsibility for the following IT systems: program data, CRM, financial information, hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in information technology, computers science or a related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree
- Five (5) years of experience leading systems-related business needs analysis, system configuration and supporting project management or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management and business analysis
- A solid understanding of the architecture of enterprise and end-user computing
- Principles and practices of system analysis and customer support
- Advanced social and communication skills necessary for leading project teams and business analysis efforts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of constituent relationship management, knowledge management, case management, HR and accounting systems
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, establish and maintain effective working relationships, oversee projects as directed from inception to completion, and assist others in the development of project plans as well as the implementation and tracking of the plans
Occasional travel (<20%) throughout the United States may be required. Travel may be increased if the successful candidate is based out of our San Bruno, CA office.
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation depends on experience. Generous benefits include fully-paid employee health, vision, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; a 401(k) defined contribution plan; 15 days of vacation leave in the first year and 20 days thereafter with an additional week of paid vacation between Christmas and New Year’s; paid sick leave; flexible work schedules; and professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities.
Submissions: Please email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Men are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to SheivaH@tahirih.org