tahirihjustice Tahirih Justice Center
Our Bahá’í Service Fellowships were created to enable Fellows to engage in service to humanity and learn from the work of a well-established, Bahá’í-inspired, non-profit organization. The full-time Fellows who serve in these positions are Bahá’ís who work in a variety of staff roles, assisting our clients to achieve justice while also being of service to the local Bahá’í community. They commit to one year of service.
The one-year Social Services Fellow in our Houston, TX office is responsible for providing social service case management to immigrant women and girls fleeing violence. Please note: Houston Fellows must have a mode of transportation to and from the Houston office. In the position, the Fellow will:
- Conduct phone screenings with individuals seeking services
- Provide brief services and social service case management support to ensure clients’ medical, educational, housing, and mental health needs are met
- Document client case progress on Tahirih’s service database
- Communicate with local service providers to strengthen Tahirih’s referral database and improve access to services for our clients
- Attend community coalition meetings and assist with community trainings
- Assist Tahirih in recruiting and managing volunteers
- Support the Social Services Program Manager with other tasks as assigned
- Must be a member of the Bahá’í Faith
- College degree (required)
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English (preference for Spanish and/or French)
- Excellent English writing, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience living abroad or working with immigrant communities
- Informed interest in international women’s rights
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Eligibility to work in the United States
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Fellows receive a nominal salary and a room provided by a local Bahá’í host family. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, accrued paid time off for vacation and sick days, and paid time off for federal holidays and Bahá’í holy days.
Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis. For more information about our Fellowships, to speak to a current Fellow, or to volunteer to host a Fellow, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.tahirih.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-2016-Bahai-Service-Fellowship-Application.docx →