tahirihjustice Tahirih Justice Center
Our Bahá’í Service Fellowships were created to enable Fellows to engage in service to humanity and learn from the work of a well-established, Bahá’í-inspired, non-profit organization. The full-time Fellows who serve in these positions are Bahá’ís who work in a variety of staff roles, assisting our clients to achieve justice while also being of service to the local Bahá’í community. They commit to one year of service.
The 2015-2016 Public Policy Fellow in our Falls Church, VA office will work to correct flaws and close gaps in the justice system that leave immigrant women and girls vulnerable to violence and exploitation. The Fellow will:
- Assist policy team with all administrative tasks
- Assist with preparations for presentations, trainings, and outreach events, including in other cities
- Track relevant news items, liaise with communications team, and maintain communications calendar for policy team
- Coordinate updates to website and help draft content for communications
- Perform research and writing tasks as needed by policy team
- Help coordinate advocacy campaigns: help prep and distribute newsletters, press releases, backgrounders, sign-on letters to Congress, and action alerts; maintain contacts databases
- Organize, plan, and attend meetings and events on behalf of Tahirih Justice Center
- Provide support to direct service and technical assistance staff, including through maintenance of case files, lists of other providers for referrals, and data entry
- Must be a member of the Bahá’í Faith
- College degree (required)
- Excellent English writing, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience living abroad or working with immigrant communities
- Informed interest in international women’s rights
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Eligibility to work in the United States
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Fellows receive a nominal salary and a room provided by a local Bahá’í host family. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, accrued paid time off for vacation and sick days, and paid time off for federal holidays and Bahá’í holy days.
Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis. For more information about our Fellowships, to speak to a current Fellow, or to volunteer to host a Fellow, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.tahirih.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-2016-Bahai-Service-Fellowship-Application.docx →