tahirihjustice Tahirih Justice Center
Our Bahá’í Service Fellowships were created to enable Fellows to engage in service to humanity and learn from the work of a well-established, Bahá’í-inspired, non-profit organization. The full-time Fellows who serve in these positions are Bahá’ís who work in a variety of staff roles, assisting our clients to achieve justice while also being of service to the local Bahá’í community. They commit to one year of service.
The 2016-2017 Social Services Fellow in our Falls Church, VA office is responsible for maintaining volunteer resources and providing social service case management to immigrant women and girls fleeing violence. The Fellow will:
Volunteer Coordinator (40% of time dedicated to this role):
- Conduct outreach and help train volunteers to enhance the legal and social services provided to clients
- Manage database of and maintain contact with existing pool of volunteers
- Coordinate use of volunteer resources to meet client needs as they arise
Case Manager (60% of time dedicated to this role):
- Identify and coordinate referrals to assist women and girls obtain counseling, food, medical care, emergency housing, education, childcare, and other community services (case load of 10-15 clients at a time)
- Accompany clients to apply for medical assistance and public benefits and attend other off-site appointments as needed
- Maintain up-to-date records of all case management activities in Tahirih’s secure database
- Assist to coordinate the Annual Client Party held every December
- Assist in the management of client resources including but not limited to: Goodwill vouchers, Hopeline phones, clothing closet, and other donated goods
- Attend and represent Tahirih at coalition meetings and community-outreach events
- Support the Social Services Program Manager with other tasks as assigned.
- Must be a member of the Bahá’í Faith
- College degree (required)
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English (preference for Spanish and/or French)
- Excellent English writing, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience living abroad or working with immigrant communities
- Informed interest in international women’s rights
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible
- Eligibility to work in the United States
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Fellows receive a nominal salary and a room provided by a local Bahá’í host family. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, accrued paid time off for vacation and sick days, and paid time off for federal holidays and Bahá’í holy days.
Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis for a Fellowship that would begin in early Fall 2016. For more information about our Fellowships, to speak to a current Fellow, or to volunteer to host a Fellow, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.tahirih.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-2016-Bahai-Service-Fellowship-Application.docx →