tahirihjustice Tahirih Justice Center
Tahirih Houston is looking for a Development Intern who is excited about elevating the voices of vulnerable women and girls in the Houston community and has an interest in women’s empowerment initiatives and nonprofit management. All candidates must be able to commit 10-16 hours per week with flexible scheduling available. Internships at Tahirih are unpaid, but many interns receive academic credit for work completed. This internship will span through the Spring, Summer, and part of the Fall semester.
Position Summary: The development intern will be provided an opportunity to learn about fundraising, constituent relationships, event coordination, and nonprofit management by working closely with the Development Manager and Development Associate. This position may require some direct reporting to the Houston office’s Executive Director. The candidate will focus on supporting Tahirih Houston’s annual gala that raises critical funds used to protect immigrant women and girls refusing to be victims of violence.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist Development staff with various components for the 2018 Houston Gala and/or other small fundraising and outreach events
- Learn and utilize fundraising software (BidPal) for large-scale fundraising events
- Engage in frequent outreach and communication with potential supporters and community members
- Help manage constituent data using constituent relationship management database
- Complete other tasks as needed, including event support and administrative duties
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong writing skills that include short-form content such as social media posts and
emails to long-form content such as online articles and reports
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to switch gears on different tasks and projects
- Ability to continue 2018 Development internship through October 31st
- Experience with graphic design preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Energy and enthusiasm
Please send resume, cover letter, 1-page writing sample and availability to Piyu Sen at PiyuS@tahirih.org with 2018 Development Intern as the subject.
To apply for this job email your details to PiyuS@tahirih.org