tahirihjustice Tahirih Justice Center
We are seeking a social services intern in our Baltimore office to help with our holistic work protecting women and girls seeking justice. This is a temporary, un-paid position which will run from Mid-May through August 2018.
- Provide ongoing supportive communication, safety planning, advocacy, and accompaniment for a caseload of 8-12 clients.
- Conduct research (online, by phone, and using internal directories) to identify appropriate local resources for current clients, and update directories on an ongoing basis
- Based on client requests, connect them with free or low-cost services, for example counseling, emergency housing, civil legal assistance, medical care/insurance, public benefits, employment and other community services.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all activities with clients in an organizational database
- Support Social Services special events, support groups, donation drives, and outreach efforts as they arise.
- Advanced written and oral Spanish or French required
- Completion of some graduate coursework strongly preferred. Undergraduate degree in Social Work or related field required
- Previous experience working with a multi-lingual, multi-cultural population
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of creativity and perseverance in identifying solutions
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence, violence against women, and immigration policies in the U.S.
- Available to commit to work at least 30 hours a week for 12 weeks
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org. →