Tahirih Justice Center seeks an experienced Social Services Program Manager to manage and deliver culturally-competent, trauma-informed case management services to clients in the Greater DC area. The ideal candidate is a mid-level professional who can supervise a team that collectively manages approximately 90 cases per year; supervise a case worker and up to three academic interns; conduct outreach and advocacy in local and regional forums; monitor and evaluate quantity and quality of service provision in accordance with grant requirements; manage the office’s volunteer program; and support fundraising opportunities for the department and Greater DC program office. The position is based in Falls Church, Virginia.
About Tahirih Justice Center: Tahirih is a national non-profit organization with offices in Falls Church, VA; Houston, TX; Baltimore, MD; and the San Francisco Bay Area. Through holistic services and public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects courageous women and girls from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, and forced marriage. A Bahá’í-inspired organization, Tahirih works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity.
- Establish annual goals and strategies for Greater DC’s Social Services Program
- Update programmatic policies and procedures in consultation with the Managing Attorney and Executive Director
- Build relationships with medical service partners to improve access for clients
- Monitor and evaluate case management activities
- Represent Tahirih before approximately five regional coalitions and task forces
- Supervise a case worker, and recruit and onboard interns
- Communicate regularly with volunteers and staff to coordinate assistance for specific clients and maintain volunteer records
Client Case Management:
- Manage case acceptance for clients in need of social services support
- Conduct social services, mental health, and medical needs assessments
- Assist clients with access to social services including transitional housing, safety planning, medical services, non-immigration legal services, education, employment, and public benefits
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate case information in client database
- Maintain the inventory of donated clothing and other items to meet client needs
Fundraising and Grants Management
- Help develop program components including metrics, logic models, and narratives for grant applications and donor presentations
- Represent the Social Services Program at site visits and donor meetings
- Provide case and outcome statistics for grant and management reports
- Research and identify fundraising opportunities for the Social Services Program
- A master’s degree in social work from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of relevant experience serving the needs of a diverse, multi-lingual population including a minimum of 2 years of experience in case management and staff supervision
- Familiarity with issues related to domestic violence, sexual abuse and human trafficking
- Proven results in using trauma-informed case management models
- Experience developing and delivering presentations and trainings for varied audiences
- Knowledge of non-profit funding, grant-writing and reporting a plus
- Fluency in Spanish required; additional language skills a plus
- Proven ability to work calmly and effectively through crisis
- Exemplary time management and prioritization skills combined with self-motivation and drive
- Comfort working in a collaborative, consultative environment and a commitment to nonpartisanship
Salary and Benefits: A competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous vacation, sick leave and parental leave; fully-paid health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance with a flexible spending account option; a 401(k) retirement savings plan; and a wide variety of training and professional development opportunities.
To apply: Please email a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above qualifications, a resume, and a list of three professional references to:
Tahirih Justice Center
6402 Arlington Blvd, Suite 300
Falls Church, VA 22042
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with an immediate start date. Email submissions should include “Social Services Program Manager, Greater DC” in the subject line.
Please note: Candidates applying must have work authorization in the United States.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.