Position Summary: The Office Administrator provides critical operational and administrative support, including reception, office administration, office systems and computer troubleshooting, and development support functions. The position is based in the City of Baltimore.
- Responsible for all front office functions, including handling the telephone switchboard and meeting and greeting office visitors, including clients
- Respond to day-to-day caller inquiries including providing referrals to service seekers and information about Tahirih services
- Monitor and manage office calendar, voicemail and central email account to ensure timely response
- Conduct initial service seeker needs assessments through phone-screenings and update service seeker database
- Provide general administrative support, including making phone inquiries, preparing email and written correspondence, copying, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing mail is processed daily
- Reconcile invoice and credit card receipts for the office and provide reconciliations to national finance staff
- Serve as point of contact with building management and service vendors
- Maintain all office supplies and equipment
- Schedule and organize internal and external meetings, including client appointments, meetings with pro bono attorneys, and training programs conducted by Baltimore office staff
- Open client files, assign client codes, and update client database
- Communicate staff wide admin/operational announcements and take meeting notes
- Assist with recruitment and orientation of volunteers, interns and staff
- Assist with maintaining office safety plans
- Run occasional errands
- Complete other administrative tasks as required
- Provide administrative assistance in referring clients to sub-grantee partner in Baltimore for family law and other civil law matters.
- Provide administrative support for the Baltimore Pro Bono Program including case placement and onboarding new pro bono attorneys.
Office Systems and Computer Troubleshooting
- Serve as the local point of contact for all office systems and equipment, including maintenance and training staff on proper operation
- Provide initial troubleshooting for office equipment and systems, desktops, and laptops
- Escalate problems as appropriate to national operations staff or equipment maintenance vendors
Development & Communications Support
- Provide support in the creation and production of communications pieces, such as informational pamphlets for local audiences
- Assist with various development administrative tasks, including local event planning and execution, grant proposals and reporting
Key Working Relationships:
- Baltimore Director, Senior Staff Attorneys, Social Services Program Manager and Case Worker and Development Associate (Baltimore Office)
- Director of Greater DC/Baltimore Area Offices (Falls Church Office)
- National Operations Associate (Falls Church Office)
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing administrative and financial support
- 1 year of data entry/database experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word is required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and a team player
To learn more about Tahirih Justice Center and our benefits, please visit www.tahirih.org.
To be considered, reference “Office Administrator – Baltimore” in the subject line and attach your cover letter, resume, and at least of three (3) professional references to:
Human Resources Department
Tahirih Justice Center
6402 Arlington Blvd, Suite 300
Falls Church, VA 22042
Please note: Candidates applying must have work authorization in the United States.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Men are particularly encouraged to apply.