Tahirih Justice Center
Tahirih Justice Center, a non-profit legal services organization seeks an outgoing, self-starter to provide critical administrative and program support for our new San Bruno, CA office as an Office Administrator. This role will serve as the linchpin of the office as the initial point of contact for clients and as a resource for office staff. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing critical operational and administrative support in addition to general tech troubleshooting support. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented professional who can effectively multi-task and juggle multiple priorities. S/he will also need to be adept at supporting high-performing staff and have a thriving passion for social justice. The preferred candidate will be an empathetic professional that can navigate potentially sensitive and confidential client issues with a high degree of emotional intelligence. S/he must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment supporting survivors of trauma. This is a junior-level administrative role with great potential for skills development, visibility, and networking.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for all front office functions including handling the telephone switchboard and meeting and greeting clients and office visitors
- Provide general administrative support, including making phone inquiries, preparing email and written correspondence, copying, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Reconcile and submit bank receipts, invoices, and credit card receipts for the office
- Serve as the local point of contact for all office systems and equipment, including maintenance and training staff on proper operation
- Provide initial troubleshooting for office equipment and systems, desktops, and laptops
- Conduct initial service seeker needs assessments through phone-screenings and update service seeker database
- Schedule and organize internal and external meetings, including client appointments, meetings with pro bono attorneys, and training programs conducted by San Francisco Bay Area office staff
- Open client files, assign client codes, and update client database
- Assist with recruiting and on-boarding volunteers, interns and staff
- Assist with maintaining office safety plans
- Run occasional errands
- Complete other administrative tasks as required
- Support the creation and production of communications pieces, such as informational pamphlets for local audiences
- Provide data entry support for the constituent database and general knowledge management
- Assist with various development administrative tasks, including local event planning and execution, grant proposals and reporting
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing administrative support
- Minimum 1 year of data entry/database experience
- Fluency in Spanish is a requirement (French and/or Arabic language ability desirable)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required
- Must be sufficiently comfortable with office equipment and computers to troubleshooting issues effectively
- Customer-service focused with a calm, courteous, and attentive professional demeanor
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized, with the capacity to quickly problem solve and enhance office efficiency
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and a team player
- Willingness to travel to the Falls Church, VA, office from time to time for trainings and meetings
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with trauma survivors
- Experience working with immigrant communities (desired but not required)
- Experience working with issues of domestic violence, human trafficking and international women’s rights (desired but not required)
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation depends on experience. Generous benefits include 15 days of vacation leave in the first year and 20 days thereafter with an additional week of paid vacation between Christmas and New Year’s; paid sick leave; fully-paid employee health, vision and dental insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan; flexible work schedules; and professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities.
About the Tahirih Justice Center: The Tahirih Justice Center is a growing national non-profit organization that supports the courage of immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services, community outreach and education and nonpartisan public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls seeking protection from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, honor crimes, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá’í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih’s 70 employees work from offices in the DC metro area, Baltimore, Houston, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Submissions: Please email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Men are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com