tahirihjustice Tahirih Justice Center
We are seeking a legal intern in our Baltimore office to help survivors of gender-based violence achieve justice. Internships at Tahirih Justice Center are unpaid, but many interns receive academic credit or fellowship financial assistance for work completed. This internship is for Summer 2018.
- Interview clients
- Prepare client affidavits
- Prepare immigration filings for U.S. Citizenship Immigration Services and/or Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Research country conditions
- Provide support to attorneys with pending cases as needed
- Enrollment in law school
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
- Commitment to public interest law
- Language skills highly desired, particularly French and Spanish
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates must be available for at least 15 hours/week
We are happy to assist candidates with funding their internship through external resources such as, University of Baltimore Law Public Interest Fellowship, AmeriCorps JD, or other public interest fellowship opportunities. Please send your resume and a short writing sample (2-5 pages) to Baltimore@tahirih.org with “Immigration Legal Internship Application – Baltimore” in the subject line. In your email or in an attached cover letter, please include an explanation of why you are interested in interning with our organization. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.