The Development Manager works directly with the Executive Director of the Tahirih Baltimore office to achieve annual revenue and constituent relationship goals, helping to sustain and grow the organization’s local supporter base and budget of roughly $1,200,000. A successful candidate will be energized by the opportunity to strengthen Tahirih’s local profile, drive revenue growth, and enhance overall revenue generation of Tahirih on a national scale. The Development Manager reports to the Baltimore Executive Director and is a contributor on the National Development & Communications team. Key working relationships include the Baltimore Executive Director, Chief Development & Marketing Officer, National Grants Manager, Communications Manager, and Major Gift Officer. The position is based in Baltimore, MD.
• Develop, implement and achieve detailed annual fundraising plans, revenue targets and fundraising calendar for local office;
• Represent Tahirih publicly and play a key, public-facing role for local office presence, constituent relationships and partnerships, and revenue generation;
• Conduct regular analysis and report on revenue goals versus projections in coordination with the Finance Team and local director; and
• Provide strategic inputs into organization-wide fundraising strategies, helping to identify and reach increasing revenue goals in the context of organizational growth/national expansion.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit new individual and corporate donors that fund services provided by the Baltimore office;
• Assist local director in targeted, ongoing outreach, cultivation and relationship management with new and existing Tahirih supporters,
• Help establish and manage specific supporter groups, including a local Advisory Council, event committees, etc.;
• Prepare for, coordinate, and attend donor briefings and donor meetings both independently and with local director or national development staff;
• Support Executive Director in maintaining existing foundation and corporate grant relationships, including grant proposals and reports in conjunction with the National Grants Manager;
• Support National Capital Campaign strategies and activities; and
• Fulfill supporter recognition and acknowledgments, including writing tailored communications.
Campaigns / Events Delivery
• Develop and execute an annual fundraising event, including sponsorship solicitation, event logistics, budget monitoring, vendor management, and program production for a 200-400 person event;
• Manage the execution of an annual work place giving Campaign that raises funds from amongst supporters, including pro bono attorneys;
• Creatively conceptualize, design and implement additional initiatives or events for the Baltimore area as appropriate; and
• Assist national development team with delivery of signature events in other office locations.
Communications & Marketing
• Prepare tailored communications to assist marketing, fundraising and cultivation initiatives in partnership with the national development team (including e.g. invitations, email campaigns, etc.);
• Assist local director in the preparation of talking points, speeches, and communications for supporter engagement activities; and
• Communicate Tahirih’s mission and vision locally to assist in marketing, fundraising and cultivation of donors.
• Manage local office’s contributions to and the maintenance of Tahirih’s CRM system;
• Collect, compile and prepare materials and information for presentations to decision makers, including regular donor reports;
• Provide analytics for Tahirih’s local fundraising efforts to inform strategic decisions;
• Maintain current knowledge of best practices by regularly engaging in professional development activities, reviewing industry publications, and establishing a professional network of peer mentors;
• Be responsible for knowledge management and sharing (both with regard to donor history and relationships, but also with regard to event and campaign learnings); and
• Manage development interns and volunteers.
• Five to seven years of diverse fundraising and outreach experience within dynamic organizations, with at least three years of experience working with individual and/or corporate donors.
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and record of continuing professional development strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing innovative and creative fundraising strategies.
• Expert project management skills, with an eye toward efficiency, detail, strategy, and use of best practices in support of others.
• Skilled at event management and workplace giving campaigns.
• Experience with budget management, financial tracking, and contract negotiations.
• Exceptional writing and communications skills to reach diverse audiences.
• A self-starter and independent problem-solver who has a mature understanding of how to navigate and when to escalate issues as needed.
• Strong commitment to the mission and values of Tahirih with the ability to serve as a compelling ambassador for the organization.
• Availability to work outside daytime business hours to manage events, and represent Tahirih at external events as and when required.
More about Tahirih Justice Center
Founded in 1997, Tahirih Justice Center is a national non-profit organization that supports the courage of immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services and public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá’í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih has a staff of 53 with offices in Falls Church, VA; Houston, TX; Baltimore, MD; and San Bruno, CA. Tahirih’s operating budget is approximately $5.3 million and growing.
To learn more about Tahirih Justice Center and our benefits, please visit www.tahirih.org. To apply, please email a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above qualifications, a resume, and a list of three professional references to:
Human Resources Department
Tahirih Justice Center
6402 Arlington Blvd, Suite 300
Falls Church, VA 22042
Email submissions should include “Baltimore Development Manager” in the subject line.
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Men are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org