Website Tahirih Justice Center
Reporting to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer, the Constituent Relations Assistant will be responsible for receiving and entering most donation data and coordinating the nationwide acknowledgement process. S/he will handle routine communications with constituents who contact the organization through various channels, and will implement strategies to renew select cohorts of constituents who did not respond to renewal requests via other channels. S/he will collaborate with the Information Systems Manager and development staff across the organization to refine and maintain processes and procedures for managing constituent relations activities and data.
The Tahirih Justice Center is a growing national non-profit that supports courageous immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services, community outreach and education and nonpartisan public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls seeking protection from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, honor crimes, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá’í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih’s 70 employees work from offices in the DC metro area, Baltimore, Houston, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Serve as the main point of contact for constituent issues and questions
- Monitor main email
- Open mail and code donations
- Manage org-wide acknowledgements offline and online $250+
- Ensure all pledges are set up with a major gift record
- Monitor the schedule of pledge installments due, and work with Major Gift Officer to ensure pledge fulfillment
- Manage notifications for matching gifts
- Verify gifts given through third party channels
- Oversee data entry and integrity (declined credit cards, de-dup, update etc.)
- Reconcile finance and CRM numbers
- Maintain documentation of constituent-related processes and system tracking protocols
- Time Permitting: Renew constituents who did not renew through other channels
- General admin support as needed
- Supervise temps hired during busy times
- Cross train Development Assistant on gift coding
- Run weekly revenue reports
- Create and manage new campaigns and events in Salesforce
The Tahirih Justice Center is seeking an energetic Constituent Relations Assistant who has one to two years of relevant experience, ideally in constituent relations and or donation tracking and management.
Essential qualifications include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with supporters who contact the organization and resolve issues they raise
- Outstanding attention to detail, particularly in the entry of donation information and the production of acknowledgements
- A strong ‘systems-thinking’ capability, including the ability to envision, define, implement and refine processes, in consultation with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to manage and manipulate data, and monitor trends in key metrics such as donor retention, time to process a donation, and reconciliation of CRM and finance data
- Commitment to Tahirih’s mission, clients, and nonpartisan advocacy style
- Relationship builder both internally and externally
- High energy and maturity with the ability to understand the needs of donors and internal stakeholders on key issues
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing advocacy and/or communications strategies
- A strong track record as an implementer
- Strong project manager
- Demonstrated experience leveraging constituent relations databases and data analysis tools such as Excel
Occasional travel (<20%) throughout the United States may be required.
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation depends on experience. Generous benefits include fully-paid employee health, vision and dental insurance; a 401(k) defined contribution retirement plan; flexible work schedules; professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities. Employees have a very generous self-managed leave benefit inclusive of vacation, sick and holidays, including an office closure the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
Submissions: Please email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Men are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to SheivaH@tahirih.org