Tahirih Justice Center, a non-profit legal services organization, seeks a long-term volunteer to provide critical client and administrative program support for our Houston office. The Client Support Volunteer will function as the initial point of contact for clients for the Houston office. The successful volunteer will be a detail-oriented self-starter who can effectively multi-task and juggle multiple priorities.
- Answer Tahirih’s main phone line utilizing telephonic interpreters to speak with callers, as appropriate
- Conduct telephonic client intake utilizing telephonic interpreters to speak with callers, as appropriate
- Greet office visitors and clients
- Assist attorneys and social workers with office administrative tasks
- Data entry
- Ability to volunteer during a set schedule for at least 8 hours a week
- Ability to learn Legal Server software and referral processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred);
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Detail-orientation with strong time -management skills
- Professional, emotionally mature and exercise sound judgment
- Provide service seekers with consistency and compassion.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with trauma survivors
- Experience working with immigrant communities (desired but not required)
- Experience working with issues of domestic violence, human trafficking and international women’s rights (desired but not required)
To learn more about Tahirih Justice Center and our volunteer program: please visit www.tahirih.org. To apply for this volunteer position, please email
Tahirih Justice Center
Please note: All volunteers must pass a background check and complete an in-depth training course on working with survivors of violence.
The Tahirih Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Tahirih’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Men are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to PiyuS@tahirih.org